View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
New 22 lever coming 
Site Admin

Post New 22 lever coming
Was watching an episode of Cowboys when I was working out of town. They were talking about rifles for CAS shooting. When they started talking about 22's to use for practice to keep ammo costs down, "Evil Roy" showed a 22 that he said Henry was working on with his input.

Don't remember if it had a round or octagonal barrel, but it had a brushed nickel receiver finish and band. (could mean the receiver is either plated or just made to look that way, he didn't say). Couple other details that were different from the standard 22. Wish I'd taken notes.

Will be interesting to see it when it comes out.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:51 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: New 22 lever coming
Sounds like they finally decided to make the "Silver Sheriff" model. :D There's a guy on Rimfire Central who has been trying to get Mr. Imperato to do this for quite a while now. Will be excited to see it come to fruition.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:53 am

Will be interested in seeing what they come up with..

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:36 am

Great to see that one of the "names" in CAS is working with HRA! From what I hear CAS is one of, if not the fastest growing shooting sport around. Heck....A club I go to from time to time just shut down their Sporting Clays range to make room for CAS. :shock: Its not hard to imagine HRA becoming the predominant name in CAS.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:01 pm

I was also sad to see that the outdoor channel has cancelled the "Cowboys" show. :(

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:22 am

I always wanted to watch CAS in person but in my isolated area I didn't think it was possible. The other day I was at the range and to my surprise a CAS shooter came and I got to watch! He had 2 Old Army Revolvers, a rolling block 45/70 and a Uberti 357 levergun which between that and the revolvers put more lead downrange than I had seen in a while. Turns out that Juneau does have CAS activities after all.

So inspired by what I saw, yesterday I made me a steel "dinger" out of a piece of 3/8 thick by 6" wide channel and took it out to the range.. What fun shooting it with the Henry! I found I started shooting faster than when I shoot at targets and could easily hear the ding when I hit. Also the 3/8 channel was strong enough to shoot with the 45/70 with mild loads at it.. What fun!! :mrgreen:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:14 pm

eaglesnest wrote:
...So inspired by what I saw, yesterday I made me a steel "dinger" out of a piece of 3/8 thick by 6" wide channel and took it out to the range.. What fun shooting it with the Henry! I found I started shooting faster than when I shoot at targets and could easily hear the ding when I hit. Also the 3/8 channel was strong enough to shoot with the 45/70 with mild loads at it.. What fun!! :mrgreen:

I rarely have a chance to shoot outdoors and the in-door paper targets get a little dull. Long ago and far away we just shot off the tailgate and it was a lot more fun and I think I was better. I was younger for sure.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Simmer down wrote:
............................................................. Long ago and far away we just shot off the tailgate and it was a lot more fun and I think I was better. I was younger for sure.

...ya know, once, long ago(when we were young), we shot the tailgate off and Daddy gave us a whuppin' I can still feel :o :D ;) :lol:
madjack 8-)

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Its only been a little while since this was posted, but any new info yet? I'm interested at taking a look, even if its just a glorified H001. :D

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:41 pm

Well, I emailed Henry about a week ago asking about this, and still haven't received a reply. So maybe they want it to be more of a surprise?

BTW Quietman, love the new emoticons... :roflmao: :nuhuh: :guns: :vscared: :bonkself: :headbang: (especially that one) :thumbsup: :thumbdown: :dance: :party: :raspberry: :taunt: :coffee: :sleep: :bash: :axe: :beer: :drunk: :bow: :whip: :badputer: :deal: :flush: :funny: :muhaha:

Henry Firearms Member #40

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Profile WWW

madjack wrote:
...ya know, once, long ago(when we were young), we shot the tailgate off and Daddy gave us a whuppin' I can still feel :o :D ;) :lol:
madjack 8-)

Noooooooo............... :roflmao: So basically it was like this? :bow: :whip:

I love these new emoticons. :guns:

Henry Firearms Member #40

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:12 pm
Profile WWW

MarlinXL7 wrote:
madjack wrote:
madjack 8-)

Noooooooo............... :roflmao: So basically it was like this? :bow: :whip:

I love these new emoticons. :guns:

...pretty close, but IIRC, an occaisional size 11 boot was involved as well :taunt: ;) ................. 8-)

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]