View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Beamshot Laser barrel mount?? 

Post Beamshot Laser barrel mount??
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post. I'm just a small time squirrel and coon plinker, with a single shot .22 and a .22LR jamomatic rifle. I have a neck problem that prevents me from raising a rifle to my shoulder anymore. Everything I do these days is from the hip with Beamshot 1001U Laser Sights. Works well for 1.5" targets at up to 55'. Both lasers are mounted below the round barrels, about 4" or 5" from the muzzle.

I'd really like one of those Henry Lever Action H001 .22 rifles, but am really not sure how to mount a laser sight so as not to interfere with the feeder tube. Mounting on the top rail/grove is probably not an option, because my left thumb tends to get in the way of the beam while shooting from the hip.

Any thoughts about a mount that wouldn't squash their feeder tube? Most people seem to think it's impossible.

Thanks for any help.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:59 am

Post Re: Beamshot Laser barrel mount??
It looks like the Beamshot RF-1 mount would work. It's spec is .47" and the feed tube on my Henry is .452" so a shim would be needed. The feed tube is stout so there should be no problem there. It supports a sling swivel just fine.

Sig P-238 .380
Bersa Thunder .380
CZ 75-P07 Duty 9mm
CZ Bobwhite SxS 28 ga
CZ 452 Varmint .22LR
Ruger SR22 .22LR

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:28 am
Profile WWW

Thanks Whaler. I'm gonna have to examine that tube more closely, at the store, to see how sturdy it actually is. I have the RF-1 mounts screwed down pretty hard, on the barrel, so every little touch doesn't knock the site out 2 inches. :-) Those Beamshots are great, but they take about 10-12 rounds to adjust, with the gun in a vise. Think that tube can take the compression? I don't want to buy the rifle and immediately ruin it. :-)

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:04 pm

I apologize. I read "The feed tube is stout so there should be no problem there." as "The feed tube is SHORT so there should be no problem there." and wondered what that had to do with it. :-(

Whereas, you actually answered my concern. I guess I still need to make sure it's stout and stable enough after a shim.

Thanks.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:08 pm

HRA provides a lifetime warranty regardless if you are the 1st or 30th owner. And yes, they do repair guns free of charge that have been buggered up by owners.

Get your H001 and mount that Beamshot on it! But for the sake of common sense, mount it and at first simply tighten it the minimum you think you can get away with and then try it out. If it comes loose then tighten it some more. Don't go after it like a "manly-man" the very first time.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm

Yup. If I can find something hefty the diameter of the inner tube, it should let me tighten the mount down more, without too much fear of crushing the feed tube also.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Well Guys,

I got the H001 today. Nice! :-)) I have a question about the front part of the stock (in front of the action). I can't tell for sure, by tapping it, if it's really wood or wood grain plastic. It sounds kind of hollow, I think. :-/

The reason I'm concerned, is having set these laser sights before, I know they're as fussy as all hell. The gun MUST be held in a vise, while alternating between firing and slightly tweaking the sight. A friend has the vise and window in a nice position for this but he will be on vacation for another 3 weeks. So this is no rush.

My concern is, no matter if I end up with the laser bellow or above the barrel, the front part of the stock may not hold up to being squeezed in the vise as wood stocks have in the past.

Does anyone know if I have to go find and buy/rent/borrow a rifle gun vise?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:22 pm

The forend stock is wood.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Yes. It's wood but because the tube runs through it, it just didn't feel like I wanted to squeeze it in a vise. I locked the stock in a vise and made another vise-like arangement to clamp the barrel in wood jaws, and aimed it.

Nice and stable. I ended up mounting the laser on top, since that's its primary use, and set the laser for 50'. Perfect squirrel and coon gun so long as it's not direct sunlight. Mounting on top is nice and sturdy and less likely to require readjusting after minor bumps.

I can't normally hit targets less than 1.5" at more than 50' anyway, but with the laser on top, aiming 7/16" low at 75' works well. :-)

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]