View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Henry H003 Pump with rd barrel 

Post Henry H003 Pump with rd barrel
I bought this for my grandson a few years ago, but have been using it myself a lot (for quality control purposes you understand...) Anyway, I was looking at the front sight and would like to replace it.

I expect that this has been discussed to death on other sites, but is there a replacement band and sight available for the H003 pump with the round barrel? I don't think Henry makes this particular rifle anymore - only octagon barreled pumps are available now.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:45 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Henry H003 Pump with rd barrel
Not sure but the H001 sights might work.You can call Or send an email to Henry and they will be more than happy to help you out. :goodluck:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:04 pm

I ordered a Williams Fool Proof sight last night from Brownells. It's got the target knobs for easier adjustment. I hope that this will work with the factory front sight. I'll also email Henry and ask about a replacement front blade and band. There's nothing listed at their store though.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:47 am
Profile WWW

Hey Steve let us know how it works out post some pics. I don't know much about the Henry pump especially the older model with round barrel. have thought about the new one they are coming out with they made mostly internal changes but don't think they are shipping them out just yet. does you gun have the sight made onto the barrel band like the H001? If so you may have to make a front sight if the one you have now is to short.I have seen post on RFC forum of people cutting the blade off and leaving the band to hold the mag tube on then getting a front ramp sight and re-taping the screw to fit then you would have the dovetail so you could have more choices of front sights.don't know if any of this helps I own an H001 and would like to change the sight also but right now I have a scope on it :shock: I know most don't like em on a lever gun but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck! by the way I am Steve also :lol:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:01 pm

I will post pics when it arrives, Steve. I'm hoping that I can use the front sight. The worst case would be modifying the rifle to take an aftermarket front sight. I really don't want to do that.

When I bought it, she shot just fine at the range when I was adjusting the rear sight. When I took it hunting, the front and rear sights got lost in the dark background of the trees. It took too long to get a sight picture. I put a thin tubed Tasco on it next, but the little pump didn't look right.

This seems like the logical alternative.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

The skinner front sights are black, but you can paint the sighting edge any color you want. You can also get what Williams calls there Twilight aperture with a brass ring insert..

Twilight aperture is not the best name. I've found that it seems to make sighting more accurate in good lighting too. The aperture is supposed to work in the skinner rear peep sight also.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:29 am
Profile WWW

I like that twilight aperture. Assuming that my front sight does not need modification, I will give it a coat of flourescent green.

Does anyone have Henry's email address? I tried sending them an email about the front sight, but their page says that I don't have a valid address!

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]