View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Henry shortage 

Post Henry shortage
Been in Las Vegas at the Shot Show for the last 3 days. Disappointed Henry wasn't there. Hooked up with 3 more distibutors but none have any Henry's in stock. Talked to Henry last week and was told they are producing guns and shipping them as fast as they can but none of my distributors have any models except tons H002's, a few H001's and various special editions. No H004s, 6s or 9s to be had.

While this situation is great for Henry it's tough on the Henry Dealers. So, if you happen to be waiting for a Henry to come in to your dealer, be patient.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:16 am

Post Re: Henry shortage
We special ordered our Henry rifles.

My husband had his dealer check all over for the last two rifles.

Henry is going to take over where some other firearm companies have gone 'down hill' in my not so humble opinion.

My husband does not belong to this forum so I will speak for him. He loves his HENRY BIG BOY in 357Magnum/38Special.

I love my Golden Boy in 22lr caliber too.

Catherine

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Are you still at the show or did it end already?

I heard that HENRY was there but my dealer could be mistaken with his news and email updates. He did not go to the show.

Anyway, I am glad that you got to go there and have fun!

Take care.

Catherine

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Catherine wrote:
We special ordered our Henry rifles.

My husband had his dealer check all over for the last two rifles.

Henry is going to take over where some other firearm companies have gone 'down hill' in my not so humble opinion.

My husband does not belong to this forum so I will speak for him. He loves his HENRY BIG BOY in 357Magnum/38Special.

I love my Golden Boy in 22lr caliber too.

Catherine

Montana Man needs to join us here. We've had no direction or expert knife direction here yet!

Tell 'im I said so..

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Roan,

I will tell him when he gets up.

I think that he mainly sticks to the KNIFE section on the M.O. forum now from what he told me.

Take care!

Catherine

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:32 am

I talked to Henry before the Shot Show and they told me they would not be there. And they weren't which was a shame as I was looking forward to talking to them face to face. However, they are going to be at the NRA Convention in St Louis in April.

Got a Product Availabilty update from Henry yesterday. In 2011 Henry expierenced "unprecedented demand" for their rifles. In an effort to keep pace they increased production by 33%. Even that was not enough and the company ended the year with very little finished gun inventory. Henry is increasing production ANOTHER 33% and expects we will see significantly improved availability by the end of Feb. Mr Imperato ends with: "You can make the consumer aware of this and ask him for some extended patience, the product is coming."

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:30 pm

chance wrote:
I talked to Henry before the Shot Show and they told me they would not be there. And they weren't which was a shame as I was looking forward to talking to them face to face. However, they are going to be at the NRA Convention in St Louis in April.

Got a Product Availabilty update from Henry yesterday. In 2011 Henry expierenced "unprecedented demand" for their rifles. In an effort to keep pace they increased production by 33%. Even that was not enough and the company ended the year with very little finished gun inventory. Henry is increasing production ANOTHER 33% and expects we will see significantly improved availability by the end of Feb. Mr Imperato ends with: "You can make the consumer aware of this and ask him for some extended patience, the product is coming."

Hey, Chance, this is good to know. It means HRA will remain in business and continuing to provide their excellent rifles and customer service and support. And I'll be lookin' for that H001L soon to go with my H001. As a small guy I like the weight and balance of the basic Henry.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Henry is in good shape shamaz. Right now they are simply "suffering" from their own success.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Roan thank you for the kind invitation, I'm here....smile. I've been busy shooting my new Big Boy in .357 and I'm very pleased with the accuracy of this rifle. My hand loads have proven to be the most accurate thus far and I'll be doing more test shooting in the near future. Good to be here and thanks again Roan.

Jesse

Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:08 am

MM,
Glad you've joined us! Thanks to you Roan for inviting him, and thanks Catherine for pushing the issue! Look forward to more good reports! John

Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Thank you John! Good to be here.

Jesse

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:49 am

MontanaMan wrote:
Roan thank you for the kind invitation, I'm here....smile. I've been busy shooting my new Big Boy in .357 and I'm very pleased with the accuracy of this rifle. My hand loads have proven to be the most accurate thus far and I'll be doing more test shooting in the near future. Good to be here and thanks again Roan.

Jesse

Glad you could join us here MM. I really enjoy reading on MO about the knives and discussions you have with MyDogsHunt over there. I don't join in much, as I don't have much to add to those discussions. But I do learn a great deal from you and MDH.

And please tell what loads you have been having such good results in the 357.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Thank you Roan, I too greatly enjoy my discussions with Charlie(MDH), we have a great deal in common. Now as to the .357 loads, I use and have used for many years what is described on MO as the "Papa John" load, however we arrived at the load independently. I've shot many, many rounds of that particular load over the years and I've never had a problem with it. It has also proven to be quite accurate in all of the guns I've used it in.

Jesse

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:41 am

MontanaMan wrote:
Thank you Roan, I too greatly enjoy my discussions with Charlie(MDH), we have a great deal in common. Now as to the .357 loads, I use and have used for many years what is described on MO as the "Papa John" load, however we arrived at the load independently. I've shot many, many rounds of that particular load over the years and I've never had a problem with it. It has also proven to be quite accurate in all of the guns I've used it in.

Jesse

Ha, a treasure hunt!

Now I gotta go back to Marlinowners to research this, I only know PJ's 30-30 "Papa Juan" Load!

Be.Right.Back.!

BTW, looked at some knives at the Huntin' Time Expo this weekend and was wishing you and MDH were there to steer me in the right direction.!

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Roan I'm glad I've given you something to search for.....grin. What is your intended purpose and planned use for your knife or knives and maybe I can help you pick out a dandy....grin. I have certain favorite makers and a favorite blade smith or two to help you along once I know what you have in mind. I went to the range today and did the final sight in and shot a few groups with a bolt gun that I'm very pleased with. My 100 yard 3 shot group was in the low .3's and if I had a better trigger release on the 3rd shot it would have been in the low .2's, works for me for now, I'll see if I can do better later. I also shot one 3 shot group at 200 yards that was in the low .8's but I had windy conditions.

Jesse

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]